Ascot Recycle Program
Ascot Laser is proud to offer a free toner cartridge, inkjet cartridge and cell phone recycling program for our customers. One of the key benefits of using Ascot Laser is our free toner, inkjet and cell phone recycling program to promote your offices’ recycling or green initiative.
Just give Ascot Laser a call or e-mail us to have us either pick them up for you or we can send you our special “Recycle Toner Here or our Recycle Inkjets Here or Cell Phone Recycle Here boxes shipped directly to you. They come with pre-affixed UPS labels attached to them. So, Fill it up, Tape it up, and Give it to your UPS Driver, its that easy!
Ascot Laser’s recycling program is managed by our recycling partner, a leader in the recycling industry and ISO14001:2004 certified,which maintains a documented Zero Landfill Initiative and they have a strong commitment to the environment. We are proud to be partnered with them to help keep our environment better for generations to come.
- Approximately 1.3 billion inkjet cartridges are used around the world annually and less than 30 percent are currently being recycled.
- In one year, if the world’s discarded cartridges were stacked end-to-end, they would circle the earth twice.
- Over 300 million inkjet cartridges and 70 million laser cartridges are sold in the U.S. annually. Despite the environmental and bottom-line benefits of recycling print cartridges, every year over 300 million cartridges with a combined weight of 150 million pounds are buried in our nation’s landfills.
- A laser cartridge thrown into landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose. Some components made of industrial grade plastics will take over a thousand years to decompose.
- Eight ink cartridges are thrown away every second in the U.S.
- It takes about a gallon of oil to produce every new toner/laser cartridge.
- People can reduce landfilling when they recycle toner cartridges. Every remanufactured laser cartridge saves nearly 2 pounds of metal & plastic waste from being deposited in landfills. Toner cartridge remanufacturing saves over 38,000 tons of plastic and metal from landfills.
While we make every effort to provide accurate information, we make no warranty or guarantee that the facts presented here are exact. Please also feel free to contact us by E-mail Ascotlaser@Aol.com or call (503) 253-1440 for more information.